What does your community see when they visit your school website?
School websites can be a powerful communication tool, offering viewers insight into students' learning, school culture, and values. This blog post invites you to reflect on your school's current website and consider the messages that it is sending to students, families, whānau, and communities. Links to a range of school websites are provided as well as reflective questions.
Defining your school
- What is unique and specific to your school? Tairua School
- What is prioritised? The cultural life? The sporting life? The learning? Apiti School
Representing the learners
Promotion of tangata whenua
Connecting with family/whānau
- Do you offer practical advice to parents on how to support their child's learning? Papamoa School
- Do you provide useful links to resources for parents? Opunake School
- Do you share learning expectations with parents? Westmere School
An invitation to share ...
Are you aware of other interesting school web pages? Please add the URLs to the comments and tell us what is worth noticing.